5 Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website
Every site owner and Webmaster wants a steady stream of traffic to their website, but many of the commonly used tools or techniques either cost too much money or take too long to implement to truly be effective. You do not need a lot of money or expensive scripts to help you drive more visitors to your site. All you need is some creativity and patients.
- Ask For Referrals: Asking for referrals can be one of the easiest ways to gain more traffic to your site. You can add a “mail to link” on your website that says something like “Recommend this site to a friend”. If your site has a newsletter or mailing list you may create a simple question from asking your existing customers or visitors once a month for referrals. The best approach is to be friendly and doesn’t over do it.
- Create A Newsletter: Having a newsletter for your site is an awesome way to personalize your site and to offer important tips and information about your site’s products and services. If your site has sales or support representatives then you can highlight them and how they are there to help your customers and site visitors. There are a variety of ways to run your newsletter, either from a subscription-based email list or only web type. Make your newsletter special by including your readers or site visitors. One way is to have a question and answer section that offers information for commonly asked questions.
- Set Up Site Surveys & Polls: Involve your site visitors by adding site surveys and polls. Asking for your visitor’s and customer’s opinions about relevant site topics is a powerful method in developing both trust and involvement in your website. You can also publish the results of your surveys and polls in your newsletter or email them to your mailing list.
- Create A Site Contest Or Giveaway: Another way to generate excitement and interest in your website is to create a contest or giveaway. The prize can be a discount on goods or services or just about anything that will add value to your current site offerings.
- Website Testimonials: Ask your customers to write a simple testimonial about your site’s goods and services, and add them to your home page. Testimonials add importance and reinforce your site’s reputation by letting other site visitors and potential customers see what others have to say about your products and services. You may want to also consider adding a thumbnail picture of your customer with their testimonial. This will add a human element to your site’s reputation.